Wednesday 28 May 2014

Presenting our work to Digetex.


Today we presented our work and final outcomes to the Creative Director of Digetex, Debbie McKeegan! The presentation was just 3 minutes long so it was a challenge to make sure that I was concise and got my point across effectively. I therefore couldn't show all of my work, but I wanted to take her through the journey of my project. I selected a few drawings from my body of work, and made design progression boards to make sure that I didn't have too much to talk about. I started by talking about my concept and context, and briefly showing her a few initial drawings from my visual research. I then moved on to explaining my colour palette and showing how my designs started to develop from the research I had done. Finally, I showed her my final collection and context images. I explained how I responded to each of the trends she gave us, and showed a strong awareness for my audience.

I feel that preparing well for this presentation meant that I came across as being confident and professional, and kept to the time frame. I had organised my work and bookmarked my sketchbook to ensure that the presentation flowed well, and I knew exactly what I wanted to say about each piece. I chose to show Debbie a cross section of my work because I feel it is necessary to understanding my final outcomes. I also opted to show her physical boards and sheets rather than a powerpoint because I would rather see physical things in front of me, and not just see work on a screen. I believe this was very effective as she responded well and could see exactly where my ideas, colour palette, and inspirations had come from. The only thing I would have changed about my presentation would be printing out my designs onto A2 paper. The large format printers have been out of order for over a week, so it wasn't possible, but I feel that having my designs at a larger scale would allow her to further see how they might look on a cushion for end use.

No comments:

Post a Comment