Monday 23 February 2015

Unit X Launch

During Unit X I intend to complete both collections that I started in the practice unit, whilst undertaking a live brief and creating a strong, professional portfolio.

I believe that the Wallpaper collection, Botany, was developed very well within Practice, and feel that dedicating more time to drawing for this would be a good investment of time. I don't believe that the concept needs exploring any further as I developed it within the last unit to produce a good style and concept that worked well as a collection.

The surface pattern collection, Moments, was also developed to a good level within the Practice unit, however I want to make sure that I draw upon a variety of imagery and inspiration sources to ensure that each print in the collection is distinct. I therefore aim to dedicate time to gathering a variety of imagery from various places.

I also want to participate in a live brief, drawing upon research that I left behind in the last unit, and allowing me to continue the theme of nature throughout my portfolio in a slightly different way.

Throughout the unit, I will dedicate a considerable amount of time to research methods for printing and making products including stationery, wallpaper. and business cards. This includes researching into methods to foil my wrapping papers and liaising with companies regarding pricing and printing of products for the degree show.

To compliment these aims, I want to create a strong professional portfolio that is sensitive to the industries standards, as well as increasing my online presence to allow more people to see my work. This will include creating an online portfolio and updating and maintaining social media platforms that I am already on.

No comments:

Post a Comment