Saturday 18 April 2015

Creating Promotional Material . Preparing for Degree show .

Due to the fact that I am showing my work at the degree show and New Designers, I want to make sure that I have business cards and post cards to promote my work. After collecting many business cards from the degree show and the Northern Contemporary Craft Fair last year, I looked back at some of my favourite designs to get some inspiration.


I felt that the most effective business cards had a simple side with writing on (including website, and contact details), and a design on the opposite side. The most effective post cards contained a brief summary of the artist and their work on one side (and contact details), with a variety of designs on the opposite side. The post card allowed for a more complex design due to the size.

Below is the design for the postcard. I might change the designs I have chosen when my collections are finished, but I feel that the postcard will provide the reader with a sufficient amount of information about myself and my work.

Post Card Design

The smaller business cards contain less information but I feel that they are perfect for their purpose. I will print the same information on all of them, but include a variety of designs on the back so that people can chose their favourite design.

Business card designs

Along side this I have started to consider my display for both the degree show and New Designers. This has been harder than I expected because I want to display both my surface pattern and wallpaper collections. However because they are different styles with diffrent colour pallettes, I run the risk of making my space look cluttered and crowded. Showing both collections in some way is important to me, as I want to show the breadth of my practice, especially at New Designers, as various companies will be present.


I have therefore decided to use the idea above: hanging two bold wallpapers and having a small simple shelving unit to display a few stationery products. Placing the black and white design behind the stationery products should ensure that the colours don't clash, and bringing the product stand forward from the wall should separate the two a bit more. I will check whether I can use this method of display at New Designers, otherwise I will consider how I can adapt this idea.

Along side this I have also considered how I will produce my wallpaper and stationery products. I have therefore been researching different companies and collecting samples from them to check the quality and pricing. I have decided which companies I am using so I now need to liaise with them to ensure they can produce my products to the correct standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment