Tuesday 14 May 2013

Preparation for setting up the Exhibition tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the day that I get to go in to set up my work. Today I have finished my final piece and I am starting to think about the smaller details of how my piece will work together.


Above is a rough plan of how my piece is going to work. I am planning to suspend the cutout boxes in front of the missing words with invisible thread.

To link in with my shadow/enlarging theme, I have bought a torch to place alongside my piece some how. I have considered hanging it along side the piece with a tag (replicating the drink me label) saying "Light up the shadows" to give people a clue to see the swirling shadows created by the maze of each box.

Overall I am happy with the amount of boxes I have managed to do, as I think the piece has enough to it, without being so busy that it becomes confusing. As I used the words that existed on the page, this determined the layout. Without these restrictions, I would have used my own judgement on placing the boxes, to possibly create a more aesthetic layout. However, this method has allowed my final piece to develop in a more organic way, as I removed my control, which I think adds more character.

No comments:

Post a Comment