Thursday 16 May 2013

Seeing the Exhibition!

After putting up my piece yesterday, I went in today to find the finished exhibition and it looked fantastic with everyone else's work in it! I am really happy with how my final piece turned out. I had a good position in the room and my cubes spun naturally due to the breezes from peoples movement. Because my space was so bright it was hard to cast shadows, but I did provide a labeled torch alongside my piece so people can cast their own shadows if its dark enough.


As a group, our Exhibition came together really well, we had pieces on the walls and the floor, and we had photos and installations. 


I also really loved looking around the rest of the exhibition to see how other groups had undertaken the collaborative brief of 175. I think the group called Action, (in Play) did a really good job of collaborating. They created these perspex triangles which all had each members art work on. I love the way their individual work came together as a vibrant and 3D installation piece.


I also loved this groups work. They created 'bricks' using yarns and wire, and placed them in an environment that was deteriorating, where bricks were missing. It created an interactive environment and I love the colours and textures. I also liked the way they worked collaboratively, as a few girls from textiles worked on this together.




No comments:

Post a Comment