Monday 22 September 2014

Summer Work: Preparing for final year: Concept and Inspiration

Part of the work I have completed before going back to University has involved thinking more deeply about what I want to produce and achieve next year. Below are two boards that I created to show the concept behind my work, and the inspiration that I have looked at.


This year, I want a theme and concept that can lie underneath my work to make it stronger as this is what made my final outcomes strong last year. As I am inspired by science and nature, my concept will incorporate both of these and give me lots of inspiration throughout the year. I have brainstormed my theme and have lots possible ideas to develop, including disease, cells, geography, super foods, and nature that's medically important to us. The board above shows how I have started to respond to some of my ideas.


My main inspiration over the summer has come from both the nature surrounding us, and the experiences I have had, including working at Digetex and Tigerprint. Being surrounded by designs for so many different contexts including wallpaper, cards, gift wrap and soft furnishings has really inspired me to create designs for a variety of contexts this year. I have also been surrounded by a variety of nature over summer, from holidays, trips out and my garden. I love finding natural patterns in the world that surrounds us, and I also love looking at how other designers respond to this from designers at Clintons, to designers from the Arts and Crafts Movement like William Morris. I intend to use all of this inspiration and my experiences to inform my work this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment