Tuesday 6 January 2015

Engaging with the outside world: Applying for graduate jobs

I am aware that at this time of year, many graduate jobs are available to apply for which start in September. I have therefore been looking for any relevant jobs within the design industry. I have contacted these companies with applications, which involved adapting and updating my CV, as well as creating a cover letter and answering application questions.

One of the applications that has developed the furthest so far is for the Hallmark Commercial Graduate scheme. I progressed to the fourth out of five recruitment processes which I am very proud of. This involved a telephone interview, online non-verbal and verbal reasoning tests, and a video interview. Experiencing this variety of recruitment processes has been a fantastic experience which will help me when applying to other jobs in the future.

I have also signed up for email notifications for various companies and job sites, in order to give me the best opportunity possible of getting a job when I graduate. I have also updated my linkedin profile in order to make myself a more employable person.

No comments:

Post a Comment