Tuesday 11 December 2012

Ink experiments!

After experimenting with chromatography, my data showed me that black ink contained the most colour, so was most interesting to experiment with. As a development from chromatography I decided to let the ink spread on flat paper with water (rather than suspending it in a bowl of water).




The results were incredible, people thought Id done it with watercolour, not black ink! I have been collecting data based upon the amount of water and ink applied. The example below had a consistent amount of water, but increasing drops of ink, from 1 to 12. I have done a similar example with a consistent amount of ink, and increasing drops of water.


I now need to consider how I can make this data into art work, as well as investigating how colours mix together in different conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment