Saturday 22 December 2012

Oil and Water!

After enjoying the effects of oil resists on my chromatography experiments, I wondered how else I could use oil, water, ink and paper to create some nice results. A case sprung to mind from my contextualising practice research in which I studied the Schmoller Collection of Decorated Papers which included marbled papers. I loved the effect and wanted to try and achieve the same look with oil paints and water. 



I added turpentine to oil paints to make it very liquify, and dropped it into water (as shown above). In some cases I disturbed the oil paints to create different patterns. 

I also explored the idea of having oil on water to see what effects I could achieve. I loved the effect of the bubbles as the water and oil were mixed.



Ontop of one of my marbled papers I drew the patterns of these bubbles with biro.


No comments:

Post a Comment