Monday 4 February 2013

Sketchbooks V's Blogs - weekly meeting 3!


Since starting at University the idea of having a blog and a sketchbook has been a new and interesting challenge, yet more recently, if anything I've been confused about how the content of the two differ. At points I felt like I was overlapping the content, or wondering if certain content was more appropriate for one rather than the other. This lecture cleared this up for me and I learnt some key differences:

Sketchbooks - Subjective, fill with daily stuff, help to keep the projects momentum

Blogs - Objective, post once of twice a week, reflect key moments of practice.

As the blog is supposed to be more reflective, I am going to plan 2 or 3 posts a week rather than filling it with everything I do! I also think I need to loosen up a bit in my sketchbook: previously, I put any rough sketches, plans and ideas on scrap paper to throw away after use, but from now on I am going to try and put all of this information in my sketchbook, so it acts as a library of useful information rather than just a pretty book. I also intend to fill my sketchbook with anything that interests me or that I 'feel like doing' rather than just focusing on the project at hand. I think it's good to make myself aware of other things that influence me rather than restricting myself to the project, which could make me narrow-minded.

No comments:

Post a Comment