Thursday 21 March 2013

Artist lectures.

Hetain Patel:
Yesterday Hetain gave us a lecture based on his work which inspired me because he used all sorts of media including photography and video which I haven't really done much with before.


This video caught my attention because it made me laugh. I liked the complex ideas behind it but it was so clever that I was intrigued to watch it.


I also liked his photographs of body art. He used various different media used in the cultures he was brought up in to represent his identity on his exterior.




We also had a chance to talk to him after the lecture and ask him questions. He gave use some good advice about collaboration; he said "collaboration should take you somewhere which neither of you could get to alone". He also told us that sometimes people just don't gel during a collaboration which is no-ones, fault but collaborations work better with friendship.

Susie Macmurray
Suzie also came into talk to us this week and her work is incredibly inspiring for me in this project in particular as I have already thought about doing an installation piece. 




Her work reminds me of the 3D work we did in embroidery, and I love the way she uses her materials to create illusions and textures.



For this piece she used the shells from pistachio nuts painted different colours which I thought was very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment