Thursday 20 February 2014

Unit evaluation.

This unit has been amazing for me as I have loved being able to concentrate of surface pattern design and my love for nature. This has allowed me to create a body of work that represents my aspirations as a designer, which hopefully I can send to companies for possible placements. I have also enjoyed working for a specific target market, and always having the products end use in mind. I feel like this project has therefore made me a more commercial and marketable designer.


Undertaking various live briefs has helped me to juggle multiple projects and enhance my time management skills. For me it has been a valuable experience, and being part of competitions has enabled me to see what companies and clients are after in response to briefs. It has also helped me to get my designs into the design world. Another way I have been doing this is by emailing lots designers and companies about work placements, and using twitter, linkedin and websites to extend my contact with the design world.


For me, although being able to do this as part of my project has been really valuable, it has given me less time to work on my main project. I therefore feel like some of my ideas and designs could have been developed and pushed further, and with more time, I could have created even better, more striking and unique designs.

This project has also allowed me to improve my Photoshop skills dramatically, and realise the way I work best. I love to scan in drawings and manipulate them on photoshop, as well as drawing with my graphics tablet to keep designs looking hand drawn and quirky.


Overall, this project has allowed me to develop my style as a designer and allowed me to practise surface pattern design. I am therefore really looking forward to Unit X, so I can further improve these skills, and embrace whatever challenges I am faced with.

No comments:

Post a Comment