Tuesday 2 December 2014

Engaging with the wider design world.

When graduating University I want to make sure I am in the best position possible to gain a job in my desired field of work. At the moment I would like to be a surface pattern designer, and I am also looking at Graduate schemes.

A lot of Graduate schemes are receiving applications now, so this week I have concentrated on updating my CV with my work experience from over summer, and finding schemes to apply for. I have also taken careful consideration when answering online application questions.

As well as directly applying for jobs, I am engaging with the design industry by actively taking part in competitions and putting my work out there. I took part in the Ohh Deer Pillow fight, by submitting four of my most recent designs. They were uploaded onto the site, and sold for a short period of time! They can be found at http://ohhdeer.com/competition#compartist=766 and below is a screen shot of the cushions I uploaded.
Screen shot of my designs on the Ohh Deer website

I have frequently taken part in Tigerprint competitions too, and I uploaded some designs onto the Christmas Wrap Brief. I felt that these designs took a modern approach to christmas and the winter season, however they weren't specifically designed for the brief.


I would love to take part in more Tigerprint competitions, and when the next brief is released, I will consider making a few designs specifically for entry to the competition, aside from the rest of my work.


No comments:

Post a Comment