Tuesday 9 December 2014

Pin up: Dividing work into two collections

This week I had a pin up of all my work to divide it into two collections. I found this hard, as my work could be divided in so many ways, for example visually or conceptually. I decided that the best way to do this would be to select around 6 pieces of work that would be the starting point for each collection. I then created inspirational boards based on this selection.



Above is the inspiration board for my surface pattern collection, consisting of current work. I picked the work based on the quality of drawing (small scale, linear and painterly) and the concept behind the work. All of the work above is based on data collection so I will use this and the work I have done so far to drive my designs. However, after doing work based on data such as pie charts, I know that I do not want my work to look like mathematic data because it will not suit my market. I will therefore be inspired by collecting my own material and making prints that represent a moment in time. Therefore the print will be my way of representing data.


I also created a board of surface pattern designs that inspire me. I wanted to look at how different artists and designers assemble their designs, including all over prints, motif based prints, and single or multi directional prints.



This is my concept board for my wallpaper collection, where I chose work based on botanical drawings. The concept for this collection will be based on anatomy and botany, which are two aspects of my research that I really enjoyed working with.


I also conducted some market research and created an inspiration board for the wallpaper collection, looking at how designers assemble repeats, and how they use all over pattern structures, as well as motifs, in their designing process.

I am really pleased with the starting points for each collection. I feel that I now can develop my work in a more refined way, using the best parts of my research to inspire my collections. I have also tried to incorporate as much of my initial research as I can, whilst being selective about which bits would work best. At the moment I am unsure about the name of each collection, and the colour palette that I will end up working with, but I am allowing for the fact that this will develop with the project.


1 comment:

  1. The best new slot machines in Las Vegas - Jammy Jambore's
    The best new slot machines in 세종특별자치 출장마사지 Las Vegas - 의왕 출장마사지 Jammy 수원 출장안마 Jambore's latest addition is now available for 부산광역 출장안마 the first time since Jammy Jambore. 광양 출장안마

    ReplyDelete