Friday 9 November 2012

Aquaspand samples

Throughout this week I have been experimenting with aquaspand, or puff binder. The first experiment I did was not successful which put me off slightly. When I printed, I covered the wet elements with paper to prevent them smudging and transferring to other parts of the print. However, with aquaspand it simply removed the binder meaning it didn't puff up when heated. A leaf from this print is shown below.


Finding this out, I found it hard to try out complex designs because it was too time consuming. In the sample below the binder puffed really well and didn't crinkle the fabric. For the middle birds I added a hint of green pigment to see what effect it would have. I think the addition of green showed a bit, but next time I might add more to make a stronger contrast.


The next sample was a similar idea however it was done on a basket weave fabric which introduced a very interesting texture to the puff binder.


This sample was done on a much finer fabric and the Aquaspand added to the pattern that I had printed in the background







No comments:

Post a Comment