Wednesday 14 November 2012

Digital Printing

Concluding the selection of photoshop work I have done over the project, I am sending some of my designs to be digitally printed. After last Thursday's digital session involving creating backgrounds from textured backgrounds and photos, I have really enjoyed developing my designs; before this I felt they were too plain. With the addition of the interesting backgrounds I am hoping that they will form a good set of digitally printed designs.




They are being printed on silk viscose which is smooth and thin. This should compliment my designs well due to the slightly transparent effect it will give, so the colours aren't too bold.

I would like to take the design on the bottom right into the print room and try printing on top of it, but I think that the pigment dyes are too transparent to stand out on the background. I therefore think that the photo and textured backgrounds would be good to take into the print room with the correct dyes, or if they were paler to put the pigment dyes on top of.

No comments:

Post a Comment