Tuesday 6 November 2012

Peer review


So far this week I have been putting up my work in preparation for a peer review this morning. I found the process really interesting, both looking at other peoples work and getting feedback on my own. The feedback on my work was as follows:

  • Strong development - mood board and mark making are very good
  • Very thorough work
  • Used colour palette very strongly
  • Research is original
  • Strong fabric design - good quality work/samples
  • Maybe experiment with a few more colours in colour stripe and translate into prints
  • Exciting digital prints but they don't feel as connected to my original work as my screen prints
I found this feedback very valuable; it was nice to know that I was on the right lines but it also pointed out some facts that I wasn't aware of, such as the connection of my digital prints to my original work. I will definitely be developing my digital prints, concentrating on linking them back to my work more, for the rest of this week.

Putting up my work also highlighted to myself which areas of my work I needed to develop. I feel that I need some stronger designs on photoshop, and I also need some samples of screen printed fabrics that contain a higher density of colour. I will therefore dye the backgrounds of some of my fabrics this week, ready for printing.

No comments:

Post a Comment