Thursday 4 October 2012

Colour Colour Colour!!

 This week I have been concentrating on colour! At the start of the week we used Gouache to create a colour wheel and colour strips. It really helped me to develop my colour mixing skills as we had to change from one colour to another using 20 different stages.


As part of this task we were asked to try and create the colours of certain words such as mushy peas, elastoplast pink and bluebell. It was great fun and really interesting to see how and why some people mixed their colours so differently.


Today I experimented with Gouache and colour even more! I created 3 stripes and had to pick out the colours from some drawings that I had done and represent them in proportional stripes. For example the far left stripe represents the colours in the top drawing, and the middle stripe represents the whole space of the top drawing and the lines of the birds themselves. I loved the pattern that I ended up with, and to me, they represent the colours of my journey to Liverpool very well.


No comments:

Post a Comment