Monday 1 October 2012

Journeys Visual Research

After my journey to Liverpool, I've been collecting ideas and inspiration to create a collage of my thoughts.   


The first piece that I created was a mix of different small pieces. Each of which was based on a part of Liverpool I found particularly intriguing. For example,  I loved the artwork at the Walker Gallery including Waiting by Zheng Jiang, and the architecture of Albert docks and the surrounding buildings.



For the next two pieces I tried to represent my favourite aspects of my trip in a more abstract way. For example in the second piece, the orange stripes represent the pillars of Albert Docks and the patterns of both represent the work of art that I found. There is also an essence of water inspired by the estuary of the river Mersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment