Wednesday 31 October 2012

First day in the print room is underway!

Today was the first day that I ventured into the print room. I was very nevous but excited at the same time to see what I could produce and no doubt see the mistakes I knew I'd make. I kept telling myself that it was a learning experience and I would eventually get better to keep me going through the day; although that was hard to believe.

The first thing on the agenda was to mix some dyes that matched my colour scheme. I decided to stick with pigment dyes to start with because they seemed easier to make, however I struggled to make colours accurately. I ended up making 6 colours but I found the browns the hardest to mix.



After preparing my workspace I decided to start printing on the range of fabric samples that I had recently bought. I found it hard to mask off my screen correcrly at the start, but after a few mistakes were made I really grasped it and by the end of the session I'd produced my first two prints!!


No comments:

Post a Comment