Tuesday 23 October 2012

My first motifs on Illustrator

This week I have been working out the basics of Illustrator. I used my hand drawn motifs as inspiration to create my computed ones. To start with I designed some basic bird and leaf shapes.



I then tried to replicate the hand drawn qualities of my mark making motifs on the computer which involved experimenting with the different textured brushes and line tools.

The next idea that I tried was combining my solid black motifs such as birds and leaves with the mark making motifs to create patterns inside the motifs.



I loved this idea as it joined all of the elements together, however I decided that for my final screen i'd separate the elements so that I could layer them using different colours, or use the elements separately, therefore not restricting the possibilities in the print room.

After learning the basics, I tried to create a composition with the motifs I designed using colour to get an idea of how they would develop in the print room. This should hopefully lead me to making decisions about which motifs to put onto screen next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment