Monday 21 October 2013

Group Tutorial - 21/10/2013

Todays group tutorial gave me lots of ways and ideas to push my work further, and it was a really useful session. One of the underlying questions that I had last week was about how I could develop all of my work further, especially the instruction based work I had been doing. After speaking to Alex I think the best solution is to start representing some of the results using stitch, and pick out the aspects of them that I like most to work with. I also thought that layering different drawings and images on top of each other on photoshop, and playing with layering and layout would be a good way to push my work further.
My stitch experiments were also a big part of last weeks work, and I plan to take these forward by trying to make them more sculptural, using the stitch to hold paper together. I also thought that when I had experimented with this, I could use paper with scanned images or prints on, and play around with the results.
I have also been growingly conscious about getting into the Print room and putting some ideas onto screens, but speaking to Alex has reassured me that the direction I am going in at the moment is fine. When I have looked at all of my work as a whole, I might consider putting some different lines onto a screen and layering them up (like people did in the Instruction experiments) but for this week I am going to try and see where the work can take me, without concentrating too much on the print room.

No comments:

Post a Comment