Sunday 20 January 2013

Ink and water!

This week, after concentrating on oil and water, I decided to look at oil, ink and water. I started by seeing what effects ink and water had on their own. I took photos of various situations annotated below.

One drop of ink.
I let the drops of two different coloured inks disperse and added more drops, I like how the previous drops created line patterns penetrating from the surface.
When the drops hit the bottom of the container they created beautiful patterns. 
When the container was left to settle, I added washing up liquid, and the ink on the surface gradually separated and fell towards the bottom creating another pattern.
After looking at the patterns created by ink and water, I decided to see what adding oil would do as well. If done carefully, it was possible to put drops of ink inside the oil droplets. I also think the ink background worked in the same way as the pictures did in my previous experiments, as the oil droplets took on the colour and the texture well.

 

After time, the droplets fell through and the falling ink could be seen from the top (through the oil droplets) and from the side as shown in the pictures below.





No comments:

Post a Comment