Friday 11 January 2013

Oil and Water Drawings

This week I have been doing drawings which represent my findings from the oil and water experiments that I have been doing. The examples below have been done using various different circular objects around the house as stamps, dipping them in black acrylic paint. I used toilet roll tubes, old cups, rolled up paper and for the really small circles, the end of an ink tube from a biro.

3 Ink drawings representing Oil and Water in different ways.

Large A1 Drawing representing the spreading of ink in water underneath oil droplets,


For these examples below, I cut out the circular pattern on black paper, keeping the cutout circles. I created a background using ink, and placed the cutout skeleton on one section, and rearranged the cutout circles in exactly the same shape to create an opposite version on another section.

Before I stuck down the skeleton I played around with light and shadows and saw some interesting effects.


No comments:

Post a Comment