Tuesday 29 January 2013

Pound land construction task!

This week we were set the task of buying multiples from the poundshop.
I chose to buy a pack of 152 very small candles that came with candle holders.
The first task was to deconstruct our items and create something new.
We were also given a list of verbs to help us think of things to do to our objects. I liked this idea because it made me consider new possibilities which I may not have considered before, like the oblique strategy cards in my previous post ( www.jennasimpson94.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/strategy-weekly-meeting-2.html )


I picked out 5 verbs randomly which were to twist, to suspend, to cut, to gather and to knot. This is the result of my playful experiment, including all of these verbs.



After this we were told that we needed to chose 4 more verbs and concentrate on making other objects from these verbs.

To shave:


To remove:
Removing parts of the wax from the wick

To fire:
I put as many candles as I could in a tea light holder and set them alight. Unfortunately the flame was far too big to carry on doing indoors, and due to the wind outside I had to leave my experiment like this. I wanted to melt the wax so much that It would start to stick together as a massive clump of candles, and it definitely started to do that.


Some Candles had started to clump together




To Twist:


No comments:

Post a Comment