Thursday 30 January 2014

Creating Order and Chaos with Nature.

As part of exploring order, chaos and nature, I thought i would combine all three and experiment with some marking. I decided to randomly collect some sticks from the garden and order them to make a tool which was like a twig fork. I then created both order and chaos by dipping this tool in ink and making various marks.


I started by making marks randomly, including dots and stripes. The image on the right started to look like a dandelion head so I will use this as a motif in some of my designs.


Linking back to order and chaos, I created an ordered sheet of lines and then ripped them up and randomly layered them onto paper. I scanned these in an started experimenting with them on Photoshop.


This then inspired the idea of enhancing the ripped paper effect. I therefore painted a piece of paper black and used the layering of white ripped edges to create a pattern on Photoshop. I am happy with the result and think it has potential for a simple design within my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment