Monday 13 January 2014

Getting back into Locating.

During the Christmas break, my main focus has been on the Tigerprint Brief, but now I am ready to get back into my own brief. After my tutorial yesterday I have a few ideas for starting points.

One aspect of starting a new project that I always debate about it colour! I have never been sure about when to choose a colour scheme. Do I choose a colour scheme at the start and make sure all of my work links into this, or do I create a body of visual research and see what colour palettes emerge from this. After speaking to Alex during my tutorial about the issue, he assured me that there was no right or wrong answer, and some people start briefs with a colour scheme to abide to, and some people develop the colours with their project. I have therefore decided to look into colour schemes to see if any colours jump out to me as being appropriate. If this doesn't work I will carry on with my visual research and see how the project develops.

As a starting point for this term I have created a mood board of the kind of designs that I aspire to create during the project. The context for my designs is going to be the same kind of products that PaperChase create. For example, a range of stationary products, and/or ceramics and soft furnishings such as cushions and tea towels.



This week I am also going to do some initial drawings to get some ideas. I want to experiment with the Order and Chaos brief, and with nature as well. I intend to draw with plants, and investigate patterns and order within nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment