Wednesday 11 September 2013

Devon - The Nature

For the final week of my holiday I went to Salcombe in Devon. The landscape was very hilly and there was something great to see over every hilltop. Nature was around every corner and I loved the texture and shapes that I found.

These Daisies were found clustered together and they were almost dying which made them look imperfect which I liked.


I loved the texture of these dried out plants and seeds. The second photo has a great line quality to it, which almost makes it look drawn.



I loved these wool wrappings on the wire fences in the countryside. When she sheep had an itchy back they rubbed against the fence creating these interesting features. I like the idea of doing something similar myself but with coloured yarns that represent my holiday or the environment around the sheep (reversing the colours).


Interestingly when I came home from my holiday I went to Tatton Park and found a similar thing, but in black because of the Black sheep they rear there.


No comments:

Post a Comment