Wednesday 11 September 2013

My Garden and the lovely British Weather!

Yes that's right... this summer has been gorgeous! At the start of the summer break we had a heat wave so I took advantage of sitting in my garden and taking in the light and sounds of summer.

Responding to Sound and Visuals

I wanted to take the opportunity to experiment with my methods this summer, and step out of my comfort zone of observational drawing. So I sat in my garden and just started drawing. I took in the sounds around my like bird song, and the way the light hit objects like plants, and how it reflected through my glass of water. The colours that I used were inspired by the objects around me and how I felt. It was a really useful exercise and I will definitely be using a similar process again.



After pushing myself I decided to sit in the same spot, looking at the same view, and draw what I saw, rather than what I heard and felt. I drew shapes and textures of what was around me, and I like the result of this exercise too, however I felt that I pushed myself more by drawing what I heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment