Monday 30 September 2013

This weeks findings.

After receiving my brief this week I have started to experiment with some different ideas that I have had, inspired by 'Piano Phase'. Below are some of the results.

I started off by simply looking at the sheet music. As Phases is made up of different layers that become distorted I tried to replicate this effect by tracing different elements in the sheet music and rearranging them in a different way, to create a new, distorted image.




I then used Peggy Gyulai as my inspiration, by listening to Piano Phase, and picking up different medias and letting the music tell my hands what to do.


I used both hands for these experiments, and even used my fingers in paint to add more character. I like the layering effect, and I feel that the chaotic feel of the music comes across well in some of the samples.




I decided to take this idea further, by creating more of these samples on a bigger scale. I started to struggle to decide which colours to use so I used the colour scheme from my seal photos from summer as well as the music to inspire these spontaneous drawings.


I thought the 3D effect of the gouache worked really well and I enjoyed letting myself loose, and becoming inspired by the music without any idea about what I am going to paint or draw. The results always vary and surprise me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment