Wednesday 11 September 2013

Norfolk - The Beach and Scenery

For the first week of my Holiday I went to Blakeney in Norfolk. There was a lot of inspiration to be found in the small quaint villages and tiny art galleries, and there was also a lot of inspiration at the beach.

One of the first things we did was go on a Boat trip to see the Seals, which were by far my favourite part of the holiday. They are such big powerful animals and seeing them wild made it even more special. 


They all had different colours, textures, scars, and spots, and I previously didn't realise how much they camouflaged with the sand: there are so many patterns to investigate.


Even the smallest features of the beach inspired me, like this rusted wooden fence in the sand.


I had also never been to beaches with such quaint beach huts. They were all very different and traditional, and luckily provided shade for me on such a scorching day.


The sun sets in Norfolk were incredible, none of these pictures below are edited at all, the colours were that vibrant. Because norfolk is so flat, it was great to see the sun catching on the long grasses.


The small amount of clouds in the sky made the sunsets even better, creating pattern and another depth of colour.








On the beaches there were also lots of shells and crabs, as crabbing was a big hobby for the tourists. 


No comments:

Post a Comment