Wednesday 11 September 2013

Formby Beach

I spent a day on Formby Beach in June and it was full of inspiration. In my sketchbook I did a collection of drawings and paintings based on what I saw. I drew our route onto a map, as well as using watercolours to paint the landscape I saw in front of me.


I also found the ripples in the waves intriguing, especially when getting down on ground level with them: they were mesmerising.


At Formby there is also a red squirrel forest, and although we didn't see any red squirrels, I found a lot of pine cones, and saw a wild rabbit. 


I also found the patterns in the sand shown below really intriguing due to the way that water can create so many different shapes. Some of them were really uniform and geometric, and I always find this intriguing in anything formed by nature.




No comments:

Post a Comment