Tuesday 16 April 2013

Abigail Reynolds - First Cut exhibition!

 I have begun to look at some relevant paper artists, to give me some inspiration based on how I can communicate my ideas imaginatively through the medium of paper.

After visiting an exhibition at Manchester Art Gallery called The First Cut recently, I saw Abigail Reynolds's work, and was inspired by the way she used paper to convey ideas an images, on a complex level.

An Artist reference sheet, showing Abigail's work next to some of my interpretations of her work. I love the way her work merges two pictures so that both can be seen effectively. Does the image of trees and a building show what was there before and after construction?


These are my two interpretations of her work, using some of the scanned in drawings which I created earlier on in the unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment