Saturday 13 April 2013

Alice Kettle - London.

After recently visiting 'The Queens House' as part of Greenwich Royal Museum in London, I saw an exhibition featuring Alice Kettle, and one particular piece caught my eye because it isn't the kind of work I usually see her do.


The piece called 'Flower Helix', 2013, and is made up of Alice Kettles work with contributions from a variety of makers. It fell down the centre of a spiral staircase, and further inspired me to create an installation piece for my exhibition.


I love how delicate and elegant the installation is, with the subtle tangled threads and I think I could create something similar with my work, maybe involving light as well to enlarge the installation on walls, linking to my shrinking and enlarging.

No comments:

Post a Comment