Monday 1 April 2013

Starting to shrink!

During the easter break, I have set myself the task of doing 17.5 drawings/photos based on my theme of Shrinking

My first ideas which I have developed this week are shown below.
I started by thinking about how I could manipulate text to make it look as though it was shrinking on the page. I used lines, swirls, curves and squares to create the results below and its interesting how they all vary.



I also looked at photoshop and photography this week. As I liked the results of manipulating the text, I had a go at doing this on photoshop too. I also tried to shrink my sister and make it look as though she was pushing a normal sized banana. As well as manipulating images on the computer, I tried to create illusions using just photography, for example making objects look smaller than they actually are, like pinching a rock from the stone henge.


My final experiment this week was creating a time lapse animation of an ice cube melting, watching it shrink over time.



The work which I have completed this week has really inspired me to look at objects and items that shrink in our every day life. Id then like to be able to merge some of these images and drawings with the techniques I have developed this week, as part of my progression.

No comments:

Post a Comment