Wednesday 24 April 2013

A Maze of Patterns!

When I sat down to do work this week, I definitely found myself being stuck for inspiration. I find it hard to work when I feel like this, and I kept trying to do things which didn't work! After pondering over the idea of shadows and light, I eventually thought about the idea of a 3D cutout shape which, when light was projected on it, would look like an illusion, or maze of patterns (linking to the theme of illusion as mentioned in my previous post).



This was the result, and I am happy with the outcome. Although it was hard to make, I can see myself doing multiples of these for my final exhibition, hanging them from the ceiling and allowing them to spin naturally due to drafts, casting a lovely spinning shadow on the wall behind.


I could also create a video to go along side my pieces (a bit like the one above) to show them shrinking and enlarging as the object got closer to the light source When the shadow is spinning this definitely creates the appearance of an illusion too.

No comments:

Post a Comment