Monday 15 April 2013

Inspired by Anastassia Elias.

After doing my collage exercises, I have been inspired to use paper more as I develop my project. One example that inspired me was Anastassia Elias, who uses toilet rolls to create miniature art. 

http://www.art-spire.com/en/art/paper-cut-collages-inside-toilet-paper-rolls-by-anastassia-elias/
(more images on this site)




Whilst trying to replicate some of her work, as well as making 'shrunken' art, I have considered using shadows and lights to 'enlarge' it again, relating to my theme of shrinking and enlarging.


This is my interpretation of her work, using a hand cutout pattern and sticking it midway through the tube.


I experimented with transfering the light pattern onto walls, on a small scale and on a massive scale to cover a whole wall (as both shown above).


The tube was also night when it was lit from underneath


This has got me thinking about whether I could use tubes and shadows as part of an installation piece in my final  exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment