Monday 22 April 2013

More cutout shadow experiments!

Since doing the shadow experiments in a cardboard tube, I really wanted to continue with the idea of projecting shadows. I therefore decided to try and relate the idea of cutouts back to Alice and Wonderland a bit more literally, to give me some inspiration for new ideas.

I photocopied page 175 of Alice in Wonderland and cut out every 1st, 7th and 5th letter (relating to the 175 brief). This was the result which I am very happy with. The image below is a projection of the paper onto a massive wall, and I love how the shadow of the page keeps its clarity.


I then went onto experimenting with bending and curving the page to see what result this had, and how it affected the projected shadows.



The shadows grew as they expanded across the wall which is perfect for my shrinking and enlarging theme.  I also think the idea of shadows links well with the theme of illusion and confusion which I think is also a prominent theme in Alice in Wonderland, so I might try to incorporate this into some of my next experiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment