Friday 12 April 2013

Shrinking using paper!

This week I came to a standstill with some of my ideas, but after a tutorial and a session talking to my group and friends, I was inspired to try another way of representing shrinking.

I decided to take pictures on my way home from university every 175 seconds of whatever was to my right hand side (out of the window) to see what results I came across.

After being inspired by a piece of work by my friend Paige, I then decided to make a collage out of them by folding them in different ways.


The idea behind this was to shrink the image by folding. By pinching some of the images at one side after folding, this further increased the illusion of shrinking, as shown with this picture of a bus lane on a main road near where I live.

After doing the collage above I decided to do another using page 175 of Alice in Wonderland. I made this one more adventurous with different sized pleats and using 3D strips to enhance the collage.



Sketchbook Research

Today I also have been doing some drawings based on enlarging and shrinking certain things in my environment which I think are more/less important. I drew them in different environments for 175 seconds, as a way of drawing a collage of my surroundings.


These two pieces have inspired me to look at whats around me as a theme for my project, rather than objects that shrink, and make them look as though they are shrinking in one way or another. Id like to develop this further next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment