Thursday 14 November 2013

Context: Who wants my designs?

Last week, I came to the conclusion that I wanted my designs to be used for large wall papers and large lamp shades, and after doing some more research I have decided that my audience is going to be businesses such as hotels and restaurants. 


This is because they have the space to accommodate the products I am offering, and usually have large high walls and space for large lamp shades. 


I envisage my designs being on large feature walls in restaurants and hotel foyers.


 As a lot of my prints are dark, I also feel that the dark environment in a Bar or Restaurant at night would bring my prints to life, with artificial lights enhancing the glow that is present in my prints.


As light adds a lot to my designs, I am considering making lights part of the designs, such as Jonas Samson does (refer to post below). I need to consider how I might do this, whether the lights would be part of the design or whether any artificial lighting that was used to light the space would be fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment