Thursday 7 November 2013

Pin up/Review

One of the things that Alex recommended we did this week was to do a Pin up of our work. As most of my work is in a sketchbook, this just involved printing out a selection of my digital work and carefully reviewing my sketchbook, to see if there are any ideas that I want to pick back up again, that I might have forgotten about. I wanted to be sure that I have done justice to all of my ideas.

I feel as though there is a lot of content in my sketchbook, such as some of my original drawings, that no longer have a place in my project. I enjoyed doing it, and it took me on a great journey which took me to the place I am at now. However, it is no longer relevant to a lot of the digital designs that I am creating at the moment. On the other hand, some drawings, shapes and textures that I did in my visual research could easily be put back into my designs to add texture and shape, so I might experiment with this this week.

Overall, although I haven't carried forward some ideas from my visual research, I feel like they helped me on my journey through the project and good decision making allowed me to be at the place I am at now. Although some ideas weren't used this time, they developed me as an artist and I could pick them up again in another relevant project.

No comments:

Post a Comment