Monday 11 November 2013

Putting my designs into context

After I had chosen some of the designs I was most happy with, I wanted to place them onto some products so I could see if they were working in the way I wanted them to. I started by taking some pictures of products I could place my designs on, and then I edited them on in photoshop.


From the above experiments, I found that my prints haven't come across in the way that I wanted them to. The cushion dulled the colours and didn't have any vibrance to it, unlike on the harder surface of a lamp, because the light emphasises the glowing qualities of the prints. However I didn't think the small scale of the prints worked as well, so I am going to consider placing my designs onto very large lamps, such as those found in restaurants.

 I really started to like these experiments below, as the light made the print glow, just like the original photos that I took on my camera with my stitch experiments.


 As I like the large scale of these, I think they could go even bigger. I am going to do some drawings to scan into photoshop to see how far I can push the scale. As I do this, I might need to add detail into some areas so that when people view it close up, it still has detail and focal points.

No comments:

Post a Comment