Friday 1 November 2013

Stitching back into my photography.

I have really struggled this week; I feel lost, stuck and confused about where my project is going. I thought it was a sensible idea to just 'make stuff' despite the way I have been feeling, and I produced these pieces. They are printed out photos that I manipulated in photoshop of the work I did last week.




I stitched into them to create holes with the needle so I could take more blurred pictures using the light.








I thought the best results were the last 2 pictures as they started to look 3D and the colour of the background print really enhanced my work.

I also discovered that I love working in this way! Taking photos of my work and working back into them is something I've never really done before. I am looking forward to putting them back into photoshop and I like this cycle of constantly feeding my work back into itself. I will definitely be using this method again in other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment